Saturday, October 30, 2010

FUN

Paul Cumes is one of my favorite current artists. I am often amazed at his sense of balance and creative use of color.
I watched one of Paul's most recent YouTube uploads last Wednesday......

Skull & Flowers Oil Painting by Paul Cumes October 2010

.... and Wednesday night I dreamed of Disney's 1929 "The Skeleton Dance," except it was in color with lavender flowers falling from the sky. The skeletons were dancing to Ren & Stempie's, "Happy Happy Joy Joy" song. .....
Along with the work itself, Paul's video comment really stuck with me, "It is important to have fun when you make art."

With FUN in mind yesterday, I decided to relive this dream by refreshing my software skills in Adobe Illustrator.

I make no claim to fine are here. The image is a recreation of Disney's art, with color and flower influence from Paul, so I can't take credit for anything but exploration.
Just the same, the process was fun, which was the goal.

...Thinking about exploring flash now. For me, lavender begs to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment