Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rattle. Rattle.

I read my horoscope this morning. It said, "You are more loquacious than ever. ...If your goal is just to amuse yourself, you really don't need an audience at all."

Smiles,.... ...my dad once told me, "Ahhh Kim, you're just talking to hear your head rattle!"


I prefer rattle in images.

Following are a couple of many works in progress. These two are attempts to get a handle on colored pencil. I like the detail available with the waxy pencil, but am struggling with blending. ...After testing several ideas, including a hot iron over wax paper, I'm thinking multiple layers of color is the key.


Gavin for Sarah and John

Sunset on the beach. This one has a loooong way to go....

Pastel probably would work better next time for this kind of image.
I may find a trick or two in the process though.
Maybe starting with a watercolor wash
- on Watercolor Paper next time.

Wonder if the watercolor pencil and wax pencil mix?


Rattle. Rattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment